Your career pathway is the unique route you choose, from the many routes available, to reach your career goals.
Your career pathway will involve you completing formal and informal learning, developing your skills and experiencing education and training, community and personal life. As you gain more experience in the world of work and undertake a variety of life experiences, you are building your unique career path.
Base your career and educational choices on who you are today. You can always change the course of your pathway in the future, as you yourself, and your desires, change. A career adviser can help you, if you’re having trouble seeing how your education, community and personal pathways interrelate, and what your choices are. Read More...
Promotion of Industry Partner Career Pathways
Construct My Career is an initiative of the Construction & Property Services Industry Skills Council (CPSISC).
- People are generally unaware of the breadth of the construction and property services industries and the careers that are on offer. This includes career advisers, young people and their parents/families, and people who are looking for a career change.
- People’s perceptions of the construction and property services industries are outdated, narrow and erroneous.
- There is an under-representation of women in building and construction, particularly at trades’ level, which exacerbates skill shortages.
- To promote the construction and property services industries, and the careers that are on offer, to career advisers, young people and their parents/families, and people who are looking for a career change;
- To encourage/advocate the employment of women in building and construction;
- To be a point of contact in the construction and property services industries for anyone seeking career advice; and
- To have or to be able to find the answer to any reasonable career question.
Construct my Career (Career Planning)http://www.constructmycareer.com.au/career-planning
A career in the building and construction industry offers:
- Great jobs — wide range of exciting and rewarding jobs
- Creativity — make things that stand the test of time
- Learning — the opportunity to keep learning and expand your career path
- Apprenticeships — gain real qualifications while doing real work in the industry
- Opportunities — for all, male and female
- Money — well paid career
- Job security
- Challenge and variety
Master Builders Associations in all Australian States and Territories provide careers advice and industry training, including for apprentices.
Master Builders Australia (Careers in Building)http://www.masterbuilders.com.au/careers/careers-in-building
As a plumber, your skills are in demand and your employment prospects are excellent – whether you work for yourself, as a contractor or for a business or company.
Plumbers implement practical water, mechanical, roofing and gas solutions in domestic and commercial settings - safely and efficiently.
Qualified plumbers can choose from a range of career pathways and jobs across different areas of the plumbing industry.
Plumbing is set to expand in the future with a stronger focus on environmental sustainability, alternative energy technology and water conservation.
Plumbing Careers (Careers in Plumbing)http://plumbingcareer.com.au/careers-in-plumbing
The real estate profession offers a range of exciting career options for nearly everyone. To enter into these careers first requires a little training, and the REIA offers a range of real estate courses for training and professional development. Career options include:
- Agency or corporate support
- Real estate salesperson
- Property manager
- Commercial salesperson
- Commercial leasing specialist
- Commercial Property manager
- Resident letting agent
- Property developer
- Property developer salesperson
- Business broker
- Buyers agent
To assist you in deciding which career is for you, the REIA offers free Introduction to Real Estate sessions. The sessions are designed to provide information about how the real estate profession operates in order to allow attendees to make informed decisions about career choices.